Frequently Asked Questions

This is a compilation of our users most frequent problems. We have supplied the answers.

I have questions and need information related to state taxes.
The Comptroller of the State of Maryland handles all tax related and abandoned property functions.
For information on these functions please visit the Comptrollers' website, or call one of the numbers below:

For Sales Tax questions:
please call 410.767.1300 or 1.800.492.1751

For Personal & Corp income tax questions:
please call 410.260.7980 or 1.800.638.2937

For status of my Maryland Tax Refund:
please call 410.260.7701 or 1.800.218.8160

To get Maryland Tax forms:
please call 410.260.7951

For questions on unclaimed property or abandoned property:
please call 410.767.1702 or 1.800.782.7383 or visit the Unclaimed Property page.

Other Division FAQs

If you do not find the answers to your questions, please contact us by clicking here.

unclaimed funds
unclaimed money
Shadow Image