Legal FAQs

I would like to speak with someone regarding legal assistance. Who do I talk to?
Maryland State Bar Association
Phone Number: 410.685.7878 or 1.800.492.1964

I have a question regarding a penalty on my State income taxes. Who do I speak with?
Office of Taxpayer Service
Phone Number: 1.800.638.2937 or 410.260.7980

Who can help me regarding a problem with a bank?
Banks are regulated by the Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation, Division of Financial Regulation. You may reach the Banking Commission at 410.230.6098.

What are the procedures for making a claim under the Maryland Tort Claims Act?
Procedures for making a claim are set forth in the Maryland Tort Claims Act, which is codified in the Annotated Code of Maryland, State Government Article, ยง 12-101, et seq.
The address to file a claim is:
The Honorable Dereck E. Davis, Treasurer
Louis L. Goldstein Treasury Bldg., Room 109
80 Calvert Street
Annapolis, Maryland 21401-0466
You may also contact the Insurance Division of the Maryland State Treasurer's Office at 410.260.7684 to request a claim form.

If you didn't find the answers to your questions, please contact us by clicking here.

Shadow Image